TEXAS MASTER NATURALIST
CHAPTER ADVISORS AWARD
Overview and Goals
The Texas Master Naturalist (TMN) presents the Chapter Advisor Award and Chapter Advisor Team Award to outstanding advisors and teams of advisors each year. The goal of the awards program is to encourage and recognize exceptional work and support of local chapter advisors. The team category was established to recognize the exceptional support of TMN chapter advisors working in partnership to support a chapter just as the TMN program is supported by a partnership of TPWD and the Texas AgriLife Extension Service at the statewide level.
Prior Chapter Advisor Award Winners have been:
- 2008: Inaugural Award Year: Fred Burrell, Jr., Texas AgriLife Extension, Dallas County, Advisor to the North Texas Chapter
- 2009: Julie Massey, Texas AgriLife Extension, Galveston County, Advisor to the Galveston Bay Area Chapter
- 2010: Bernice Blasingame, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Advisor to the Panhandle Chapter
- 2011: Brett Johnson, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Dallas Urban Wildlife Biologist, Advisor to the North Texas Chapter
- 2011 TEAM Award: Amanda Adair, TPWD and Roy Stanford , Texas AgriLife Extension Service, Advisor Team to the Sabine-Neches Chapter
- 2012 Vanessa Adams, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Wildlife Biologist, Advisor to the Cypress Basin Chapter
- 2012 Keith Crenshaw, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Urban Wildlife Biologist, Advisor to the Gulf Coast Chapter
Application Guidelines and Procedures
The Chapter Advisor(s) of the Year award can be presented annually to one TMN Chapter Advisor or a team of TMN Chapter Advisors for exemplary contributions to the organization’s mission and goals. The winners will receive, at a minimum, a plaque at the TMN annual conference awards ceremony detailing their accomplishments. Past years’ awards have included additional “perks” when available such as a cash award.
Chapters are invited to nominate their advisor for the award(s) by completing the attached application form and submitting it to Michelle Haggerty, TMN Program Coordinator. A single advisor receiving the award in the immediate previous year is not eligible to be selected for the single advisor recognition in the following award year. Advisors receiving a team award in the previous year are still eligible for the single advisor award in the following year.
A recipient of the Chapter Advisor(s) award may excel in one or several areas. The award selection committee will consider the organization’s goals and criteria in making a selection. Chapter nominations should provide a complete and concise description of their nominees activity in each of the areas described; new initiatives (rather than ongoing programs or projects) should be emphasized. Nominations must document the level of advisor participation in the various activities/initiatives, accomplishments, and their ability to empower members, and their resource management knowledge and activities.
In addition to the nomination form below, all other nomination information must fit on a total of 2 pages and a picture of the nominee(s) must be included either electronically or attached with a hard copy of the nomination package. Information provided should cover the previous 12 to 16 months of activities.
Please email/send completed nominations to:
Michelle Haggerty, TMN Program Coordinator, 309 Sidney Baker SouthKerrville, TX 78028
Phone: 830-896-2504 Fax: 830-792-6167