Texas Master Naturalist 15th Annual Meeting
October 24-26, 2014
Mo Ranch, Hunt, TX
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2014 Annual Meeting. The dates for the 2015 Annual Meeting are October 23-25, 2015. Keep checking back for more updates.
The dates and location for the 15th Annual Meeting are October 24-26, 2014 at Mo Ranch in the heart of the Texas Hill Country on the Guadalupe River near Hunt, Texas.
TMN Sunday Award Ceremony PDF
Congratulations to the North Texas Chapter and to Dawn Hatch for winning 1st and 2nd place in the Video Contest! Both videos can be found on our YouTube channel, Texas Master Naturalist Program, or by clicking on the links below.
2014 Annual Meeting Project Fair:
The Texas Master Naturalist Program holds this competition during our Annual Meeting and Advanced Traning to share and award the premier projects of the TMN Program. Members continually list this method as a favorite way to learn about projects other chapters are doing and how they may be able to replicate such projects in their areas.Chapters entering a display into the contest will need to provide a short paragraph describing the project no later than Friday, October 17 to Michelle Haggerty at firstname.lastname@example.org.Full details can be found here: TMN Project Fair 2014.
- All entries must be the original work of and submitted by a Master Naturalist volunteer.
- Photos must be Texas-specific (i.e. taken in Texas).
- Entries are limited to one per category per individual.
- Photographs should be 8×10 and mounted on a stiff backing for display purposes.
- The photos must be unmated, unframed and have no digital enhancements.
- Categories: (1) Plants, (2) Wildlife, (3) Scenic and (4) Master Naturalist at Work/Play.
- Art categories: (1) drawings & paintings, (2) sculpture & Carvings and (3) sewing and stitchery.
- The scrapbooks, chapter newsletters and chapter brochures compete in separate categories.
- Judging will be done by: (1) by a panel of judges and (2) popular vote of the attendees. Awards will be for both judging types. Ballots for the popular vote are found in your registration packet. Winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony on Sunday morning. If there are less than five entries in a given photo or art category, a placement ribbon may not be awarded.
To help with the overwhelming requests for single rooms and hotel style accommodations, a list of commuter options including hotels, inns, bed & breakfasts, and cabin share options that are within a short drive of Mo Ranch has been put together. The list can be found below.
TMN Annual Meeting Commuter Options (WORD)
TMN Annual Meeting Commuter Options (PDF)