A few things to note about this calendar.
· Events added to this calendar are NOT automatically approved as advanced or basic training opportunities. You MUST get local chapter approval for training hours before attending.
· This is obviously not an exhaustive calendar of all the incredible online opportunities happening right now. Your chapter training directors have been made aware of the calendar and will be adding to it shortly. Please email Mary Pearl (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have something you’d like to add to the calendar
· Each event should have an Organizer listed as a TMN chapter or organization. Please refer questions about the specific events to those organizers, not the TMN state office.
We hope this helps with our TMN volunteers ability to maintain connection and educational engagement during this period of shutdown.
- This event has passed.
Landowner Education Program
May 15 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on March 13, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on May 15, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on July 17, 2020 at 9:00 am
In 2020, the Bluestem Chapter of Texas Master Naturalist will present a series of five lectures entitled the Landowner Education Program. Because the accelerating growth in Grayson County has resulted in rapid loss of open space and habitat for wildlife, we are inviting landowners who are interested in ways of preserving open space to attend. The series will bring together several agencies that offer tax exemptions and funding and technical expertise for preserving open space and wildlife habitat—all in one space. The programs are free and open to the public. The dates are: February 14 (Wildlife Exemption), March 13 (Conservation Funding), May 15 (Conservation Easements)*, and July 17 (Habitat Improvement).
*Please note that the May 15 program will be held online.
The date for the final lecture, which includes a visit to the Austin College Sneed Prairie, is yet to be determined. For more information send an e-mail to email@example.com. Space is limited, so register through the following link:
After you register for the May 15 program, you will receive an e-mail confirmation and a link w/instructions for accessing the online meeting room.
• Grayson County Agrilife Extension Service
• Texoma Council of Governments
• Texas Land Conservancy