- Feb. 13 – Welcome
Ethics of a Texas Master Naturalist-CMDR Michael Mitchell, Texas Parks & Wildlife Dept. The Joy of Volunteering and Carol Clark-Blackland Prairie Texas Master Naturalist
- Feb. 20 – Green Fire: Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic for our Time. Film and Discussion
- Feb. 27 – Blackland Prairie Geology-Diane Brownlee, Registered Professional Geologist
- Mar. 6 – Blackland Prairie Ecology – Sam Kieschnick, TPWD Urban Biologist.
- Mar. 13 – Blackland Prairie Mammals and DFW Urban Wildlife – Brett Johnson, City of Dallas Urban Wildlife Biologist.
- Mar. 20 – Blackland Prairie Soils and Rocks – BPTMN members Dick Zartler and Lorelei Stierlen.
- Mar. 27 – What is a Plant and Plant Defenses – Dr. George Diggs, Phd. Austin College, Retired
- Apr. 3 – Birds of the Blackland Prairie- Gailon Brehm, BPTMN member and Prairie & Timber Audubon Society member.
- Ap10 – Meteorology: North Texas Weather – Dr. David Baker, Austin College.
- Apr. 17 -Entomology: North Texas Insects – Dr. Mike Merchant, TAMU Professor & Extension Urban Entomologist
- Apr. 24 – Macroinvertebrates & Water Quality – LuAnne Ray, BPTMN member
- May 1 – Trees of Collin County – David Powell, Mike Roome, Rick Travis, BPTMN members.
- May 8 – Heard Trail Walks – BPTMN members Carol Clark, Melanie Schuchart, LuAnne Ray, Bill Woodfin, and David Powell.
Participants must attend at least three of the following Class Field Trips
Feb. 16– Holifield Science and Learning Center – 9:30am – 11:30am
Mar. 16– Birding in the Connemara- 8:00am – 11:00 am
Mar. 23 – Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area – 9:00am – 12:00pm
Apr. 6 – Blackland Prairie Raptor Center – 10:30am – 3:30pm
May 4 – Parkhill Prairie Walk – Rich Jaynes – 9:00am – 11:30am
TBD – Erwin Prairie Restoration Tour
TBD – Woodfin Farm Wildflower Walk
In addition, some walks and field trips will be offered in the late summer and fall.
Contact Maureen at 972-548-4232 or email the Education Director – Greg – at email@example.com