- Feb. 13 – Welcome
Ethics of a Texas Master Naturalist-CMDR Michael Mitchell, Texas Parks & Wildlife Dept. The Joy of Volunteering and Carol Clark-Blackland Prairie Texas Master Naturalist
- Feb. 20 – Green Fire: Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic for our Time. Film and Discussion
- Feb. 27 – Blackland Prairie Geology-Diane Brownlee, Registered Professional Geologist
- Mar. 6 – Blackland Prairie Ecology – Sam Kieschnick, TPWD Urban Biologist.
- Mar. 13 – Blackland Prairie Mammals and DFW Urban Wildlife – Brett Johnson, City of Dallas Urban Wildlife Biologist.
- Mar. 20 – Blackland Prairie Soils and Rocks – BPTMN members Dick Zartler and Lorelei Stierlen.
- Mar. 27 – What is a Plant and Plant Defenses – Dr. George Diggs, Phd. Austin College, Retired
- Apr. 3 – Birds of the Blackland Prairie- Gailon Brehm, BPTMN member and Prairie & Timber Audubon Society member.
- Ap10 – Meteorology: North Texas Weather – Dr. David Baker, Austin College.
- Apr. 17 -Entomology: North Texas Insects – Dr. Mike Merchant, TAMU Professor & Extension Urban Entomologist
- Apr. 24 – Macroinvertebrates & Water Quality – LuAnne Ray, BPTMN member
- May 1 – Trees of Collin County – David Powell, Mike Roome, Rick Travis, BPTMN members.
- May 8 – Heard Trail Walks – BPTMN members Carol Clark, Melanie Schuchart, LuAnne Ray, Bill Woodfin, and David Powell.
Field Trip Schedule – Participants must attend at least three of the following Class Field Trips
Feb. 16– Holifield Science and Learning Center – 9:30am – 11:30am
Mar. 16– Birding in the Connemara- 8:00am – 11:00 am
Mar. 23 – Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area – 9:00am – 12:00pm
Apr. 6 – Blackland Prairie Raptor Center – 10:30am – 3:30pm
May 4 – Parkhill Prairie Walk – Rich Jaynes – 9:00am – 11:30am
TBD – Erwin Prairie Restoration Tour
TBD – Woodfin Farm Wildflower Walk
*In addition, some walks and field trips will be offered in the late summer and fall.
Contact Maureen at 972-548-4232 or email the Education Director – Greg – at email@example.com