- This event has passed.
(AT) Blackland Prairie Chapter Meeting
May 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Hi Blackland Prairie Master Naturalists!
The next BPTMN Chapter meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
This will be a HYBRID meeting.
Members will be able to attend the May chapter meeting in one of two ways:
- In-person at the Heard Museum Science Resource Center (SRC) or
- Online via Zoom
In-Person Meeting Reminders:
- Be sure to wear your name tag! It’s been a long time since we’ve seen each other!
- Coffee and tea will be available. Please bring your own cup! Let’s do our part to reduce waste!
- Texas Master Naturalist volunteers are encouraged to evaluate their own comfort, risk, health, and safety when considering meetings and volunteer service opportunities. If you are in a vulnerable or ‘high risk’ category, you can participate in our online meeting via Zoom. For in-person attendees masks are optional. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
Program: Blackland Prairie Chapter Meeting – May 2022
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- SRC Doors will open at 6:00 PM
- Zoom meeting waiting room will open at 6:45 PM
- Meeting will begin at 7:00 PM
Naturalist Talk Speaker: Nicole Neigel
Topic: Making Your Bird & Nature Outings More Accessible
Description: Nicole Neigel (she/her) is autistic and struggles with Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) and an undiagnosed illness. She works as an educator and bird rehabber at a nature center, where she advocates to make her workplace and their programs more accessible for everybody. She is a Birdability Captain and is passionate about helping others enjoy nature and birds regardless of any accessibility challenges!
Physical Meeting Location: Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, 1 Nature Place, McKinney TX 75069, Science Resource Center (SRC) building
Directions to SRC: Drive through Heard gates; go past parking lot and museum building; continue until the road ends at the large white SRC building.
Online Meeting Registration:
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This meeting will be recorded and posted on the BPTMN Vimeo page – https://vimeo.com/bptmn
Logging AT: The monthly meeting presentation will offer members the opportunity to earn 1-hour of AT. Log as AT: BPTMN Chapter Monthly Meeting Only (1 hour) with presentation description: “Nicole Neigel-Accessible Nature Outings.”
Get steps to download ZOOM on your computer:
BPTMN Communications Director