- This event has passed.
(AT) Spring Creek Forest Preserve Nature Walk
April 25, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 2:00 pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until May 23, 2021
AT -Spring Creek Forest Preserve
28th Annual Trout Lily Walk– approved for 1 hour At to be logged as AT:BPTMN Other Pre- Approved Training
Yes, Tom Frey, regionally acclaimed naturalist, will be with us again for the 28th year. Stroll on our trails to find Tom at the Trout lily field. Trout lilies are one of the first plants to flower in the spring. The tiny flowers are only in bloom from about mid-February through mid-March. Then, they disappear until next year.
- February 28, 2021
- Location: 1770 Holford.
- Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Come on Sunday, February 28, any time between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. When you arrive, volunteers at the pavilion will welcome you and give you introductory information. Then, we will send you along the clearly marked trail to the Trout lily field. Tom Frey, our advisor, mentor, and friend will be at the Trout lily field.
- After you have seen the lilies and talked to Tom, you will walk along to the next marked spot, where we will have another knowledgeable naturalist that will tell you about the significance of that area of the Preserve. The volunteer naturalists will be at several stations along the trail in the Preserve from 2:00 until the last walkers go through.
- This format helps solve the problem of so many folks in line on the walk that they can’t hear the forest information. It also allows folks to go at their own pace rather than having to follow a group; no one gets impatient waiting for others to catch up and each can spend as much time at a station as they want. Some like to spend a lot of time taking photos and discussing the forest. Others like to hear just a little bit and then move on. With this walk format, it is your choice.
We hope to see you there, but all depends on what Covid does
AT – Spring Creek Forest – 4th Sunday Nature Walks – 1.5 hours AT approved to be logged as AT: BPTMN: Other Pre-Approved Training
Time: 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
The locations of 4th-Sunday Nature Walks will vary throughout the Preserve depending on the subject of the walk. Be sure to check the latest announcements.
- February 28, 2021. Trout Lilly Nature Walk
- Sunday, March 28, 2021. Leader: Terry Comingore – Weather and Climate
- Sunday, April 25. 2021. Leader Kevin Rudy
- Sunday, May 23, 2021. Leader: Judy Aschner – Insects in our Preserve