- This event has passed.
(VH) Erwin Park Prairie Restoration
02/13/2018 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:30pm on Tuesday, repeating until 02/27/2018
What will be happening at the Erwin Park Restoration Project in 2018?
The project area has seen some amazing changes since we started working on it, and these will continue into the future. The spread of native grasses and flowers, the return of more invertebrates which bring more birds back and more mammals are returning to the area. With all of this happening I expect to start finding more reptiles in the area soon. There are thing that we need to do this year that will enhance the esthetics and our knowledge of what is in the project area, I am listing things that can be worked by our members as they desire to be a part of this project in no particular order.
1. Litter removal as you walk through the area.
2. Gutting small trees that are found out in the prairie.
3. Raising the under-story of the tree motes to six feet and removing small trees, place branches by the road.
4. Gathering and relocating grass and flowers seed in season to help the natural spread of vegetation.
5. Provide education opportunities for schools, scouts or others that are interested.
6. We need people interested in documenting what lives in the area, using iNaturalist and TPWD Nature Tracker program. There are specific species that TNT is interested in however we need to document everything we can find.
I am planning on being Erwin Park on Monday morning starting February and on Tuesday afternoons also. What I will be doing will vary so if I am there find my little white car. I will not be there when the weather is bad and there other thing that can interfere with my schedule. I would love to see you at Erwin Park.