(VH) Texas Master Naturalist Aquatic Plant Photo Submission Contest
May 1 - September 30
Project: Texas Master Naturalist Aquatic Plant Photo Submission Contest
Dates: May 1 – September 30, 2021
Submitting photos to this project means you agree with the use of these photos in educational materials including but not limited to: online courses, programs, social media, AquaPlant, and publications.
Photo Submission Minimum Requirements
- Photos must be taken and submitted between May 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021
- Must be an aquatic plant, identified as an obligate wetland species.
- USDA definition and list found here
- Must meet the criteria for quality plant photos (see *Best Practices for Quality Plant Photos)
- Photo must be easily identifiable (no pixelated or blurry photos)
Click here for Guide for 2021 TMN Aquatic Plant Photo Submission including *Best Practices for Quality Plant Photos.
This year to spice things up and make this project competitive, we will be having a contest between TMN Chapters AND individuals.
The TMN Chapter with the highest number of species will receive a set of field guides including:
- Wetland Plants of Texas: A complete guide to the wetland and aquatic plants of the Lone Star State, Volume 1: Ferns, Fern Allies, Conifers, Monocots
Steven W. Chadde | ISBN: 978-1479373642
- Wetland Plants of Texas: A complete guide to the wetland and aquatic plants of the Lone Star State, Volume 2: Dicots Steven W. Chadde | ISBN: 978-1479383917
- Grasses, Sedges, Rushes: An Identification Guide
Lauren Brown and Ted Elliman | ISBN: 978-0-300-23677-4
The top three individuals with the highest number of species will receive a 5 x 7 canvas print of one of their submitted photos, of their choosing.
Contact: Cynthia G. Sechrest, Project Coordinator
Logging VH: Report your time using the code “TMN Virtual Volunteer Service Fair” along with an explanation of what you did for the project. Please note, there is a 12-hour limit per day on logging any combination of VH/AT.
Texas Master Naturalist Blackland Prairie Chapter