Chapter leadership is just as important to the longevity of the chapter and for accomplishing the mission of education, restoration, preservation as is all the thousands of hours our dedicated naturalists provide for partners and the community.
What does qualified mean?
- Must be a current member in good standing with dues and background checks up to date
- A willingness to read email at least once a day
- A willingness to attend the monthly Board meetings and Chapter meetings
- A willingness to learn and help manage how the Chapter operates
- A basic working knowledge of computer techniques is helpful (file/folder organization, email, web browsing, etc)
Take a look at the Chapter Handbook and study the requirements for the position in which you are interested. If you think you might be interested in any of the positions, please notify the Nominations Committee Chair and provide a brief bio on your background as relevant to the position (“I was the recording secretary for our church consistory for five years … ” or “I was purchasing manager for Shmoo Entrprises … ” or “I’m an Excel guru who can automate some of your membership records …” etc.). This does NOT need to be a formal resume – just a couple of paragraphs letting us know something about you.
2018/2019 – None at this time