The Texas Master Naturalist program requires regular volunteer Criminal Background Checks and is a part of the VMS system.
This process must be initiated by each member by editing and saving their VMS User Profile as follows prior to March 31st, 2016:
- Log onto VMS like you were going to enter your hours
- Click on Edit my Profile
- On the first page at the end of the Background Check Section click YES and complete the short form with your Driver’s License and name (it won’t appear until you select YES)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE, then Continue
- There are 4 more pages as follows, but only those items with a red * are mandatory. For each page click save and then continue
- Page 1 – Enable TPWD Background check per above [ mandatory – Click Continue ]
- Page 2 – Personal Information such as Access Info (UserID and Password), Personal Contact and Address info and Birthday
Note: The default birthday is 1/1/1900 and will need to be updated to your correct birthday.
[ Some items mandatory – Click Continue ]
- Page 3 – Emergency Contact info [ nothing mandatory – Click Continue ]
- Page 4 – Ethnicity info [ nothing mandatory – Click Continue ]
- Page 5 – Electronic Signature – Click Accept and Finish
That’s it. It shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes at the outside unless you have to stop and look up your address or phone number
This process has the following advantages:
- There are no paper or electronic forms to fill out after the initial setup.
- Neither the Member nor the Chapter has to worry about keeping track of this process once initiated
- It continues annually automatically until the member discontinues it.
- The results are automatically entered into the VMS system as a Date-last-passed field visible only to VMS Admins.
- The only personal information required is your Driver’s License and State.
- It is done at no cost to either the member or the Chapter