Project: BPRC Prairie & Trail Maintenance
Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time: 12:00-3:00 PM
- Trail Maintenance – Mowing or weed whacking and raking trails. Some trails need repair work which involves realigning the chop block edging. Medium activity level.
- Cedar Removal – Helping to remove Eastern Red Cedars as they are cut. This is heavy work.
- Weed Removal – Digging and/or pulling to remove invasive species. Medium activity level.
- Trash Removal – Walking the wooded areas and collecting the trash. Light work.
Location: 1625 Brockdale Park Road Lucas, TX 75002 Link to Map
Meet at: Brockdale Park, just inside the entrance gate
Parking: Brockdale Park parking lot
Dress: Wear boots, long-pants and a long-sleeve shirt
- Hat, gloves, sunscreen, and your choice of repellent for chiggers (May-September); don’t forget a bottle of water
- You can bring clippers or loppers for weed removal; BPRC has rakes, shovels and trash/leaf bags
- If you plan to mow/weed whack, bring eye protection
- BPRC has a variety of PPE on site for people to use depending on the tasks
Contact at BPRC: Lorelei Stierlen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-998-7738
Logging VH: Log as BPRC: Wildscape & Facility Maintenance with description of work completed in the description box.
- If you have questions, Lorelei Stierlen is the contact for all conservation / restoration work at BPRC: email@example.com / 972-998-7738
- There are no training requirements for new volunteers; Lorelei will give instructions on site.
- There is no required paperwork for volunteers completing restoration/conservation work.
- If it is going to rain, Lorelei sends an email to folks to let them know if she is cancelling.
- Additional shifts are available. Contact Lorelei at 972-998-7738. She is there most days and can add workdays/times as needed.