This section contains documents which new and existing chapters will need in forming and maintaining their local Chapter. Check out this PDF for an explanation of the updated Texas Master Naturalist Documents.
Program Policies and Chapter Guidelines
Texas Master Naturalist Program Policies
All members of the Texas Master Naturalist Program will adhere to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct as established by the Texas Master Naturalist Program.
New Chapter Establishment
- Roadmap For New Chapter Establishment – This document will serve as a map for those interested in the formal process steps required to petition the State Program Coordinators for a new Texas Master Naturalist Chapter Charter.
- Local Coordinating Committee Volunteer Form
Existing Chapter Roadmap
- Roadmap for Existing Chapters – This document will serve as the roadmap for adoption of new Bylaws and Chapter Operating Handbook For Existing Chapters
Chapter Management and Operations Protocols
- Chapter Management and Operations Protocols– This document is intended to provide the minimal requirements for TMN Chapters and assist Chapters in initiating, developing and managing a local Chapter of the Texas Master Naturalist Program. It is intended also to clarify and amplify articles of the Texas Master Naturalist State Bylaws and to aid in developing a local Chapter Operating Handbook
- Chapter Bylaws – This state template must be used by all Master Naturalist Chapters to adopt and amend their Chapter’s Bylaws. Chapter Bylaws must be adopted and amended according to Article X, Adoption and Amendment of Bylaws.
- Chapter Bylaws Template-Word – A Word Doc version of the Chapter Bylaws.
Chapter Conflict of Interest
Chapter Operating Handbook
- Chapter Operating Handbook Template – This document is intended to assist the TMN Program Chartered Chapter in structuring its operational procedures and to provide insight into areas of flexibility to meet local Chapter circumstances, needs and resources. This document should be a one-stop resource for all members of the Chapter and should contain all day-to-day operational procedures and references in the Appendices. All local options, policies and procedures contained in the local Chapter Operating Handbook must meet the requirements of the approved and adopted Chapter Bylaws and the State Chapter Management Operations and Protocols.]
- Chapter Operating Handbook Template-Word – A Word Doc version of the Chapter Operating Handbook
Criminal Background Check
All Texas Master Naturalist Members are required to have a criminal background check (CBC) when working on any approved project. For more information and forms, check out the information under the TMN Volunteer Background Check link below. Background checks are currently acceptable done through either agency’s pre-approved providers or either of the agencies background check system.
- TMN Volunteer Background Check – for Background Checks processed through Texas A&M Youth Protection Standards Office (YPS)
- For Background Checks processed through Texas Parks & Wildlife via the Volunteer Management System (VMS), please refer to your local chapters VMS Admin or the VMS Admin Guide Document.
Texas Master Naturalist Program Insurance
- Insurance and Liability Protection 101 – This informational page will discuss the types of insurance policies and other liability protection offerings currently available for the statewide Texas Master Naturalist Program, the suggested insurance policies each chapter should research and those that individual Texas Master Naturalist volunteers may wish to research further on their own. This information is not intended to be legal advice, and chapters should consult with their own attorney if they have questions about specific laws or legal requirements.
State Program Overview
- please note the due date is January 15, 2016
- download the form
- complete it using your computer and Adobe Acrobat Reader version 11 (available for download free if you do not have it)
- please email the completed form to Michelle Haggerty at the address below and
- then, FAX or mail the signed, completed form to:
Texas Master Naturalist Program Coordinator
309 Sidney Baker South
Kerrville, TX 78028
Instructions for the 2015 Chapter Contact spread sheet form:
- due date is January 15, 2016
- download the sheet using the link above
- complete the Excel spreadsheet form using Microsoft Excel (2003 version or later), or the PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- email the completed sheet (as an attachment) to Michelle Haggerty at firstname.lastname@example.org
- please sign the actual document and mail or FAX the signed sheet to the address/FAX number above
- you may, then, want to print it and/or save it for your records
Thanks so much for your assistance!
The items below were formerly available on the AgriLife Bookstore, but the documents are now available as a PDF download from this page (you may print copies as needed for your Chapter’s operation):