- This event has passed.
VSP: Seabourne Wednesday Work Day – 8:30 – 10:30 AM – Yellow COVID Alert
August 31 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
An event every week that begins at 8:30 am on Wednesday, repeating until December 31, 2022
Although scheduled Seabourne Creek Nature Park (SCNP) Volunteer Days are, again, on pause due to Red COVID Alert, there will be individual tasks only to advance to advance our TMN CPC projects.
- For bump ups, prairie planting, nursery maintenance, and/or trail maintenance, please contact Jerry Trenta, Seabourne Director (email@example.com), to make arrangements prior to going to SCNP.
- For demo garden work please contact Lynn Trenta, (firstname.lastname@example.org), to make arrangements prior to going to SCNP.
- For bird sanctuary work, please contact Bill Johnson, (email@example.com), to make arrangements prior to going to SCNP.
- For butterfly garden work, please contact Katie Sallean, (firstname.lastname@example.org), to make arrangements prior to going to SCNP.
Come help at Seabourne Creek Nature Park (SCNP), Texas Master Naturalist Coastal Prairie Chapter’s signature project! It is a great way to earn VSP hours; learn about butterflies and prairie plants; and enjoy time with fellow Texas Master Naturalists.
There are several SCNP areas needing attention:
- Prairie Restoration Project
- Butterfly Garden
- Bird Sanctuaries
- Prairie and Habitat Garden
- Arboretum Project
When: Every Wednesday from 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Where: Seabourne Creek Nature Park @ 3831 TX-36 Rosenberg TX 77471
What to take/wear to this event: Water, sunscreen, bug repellent, gloves, closed-toe shoes, and long pants. If desired, have a sack lunch.
Contact Information: Jerry Trenta, Seabourne Creek Nature Park Director
TMN COVID-19 Precautions: “For any indoor or outdoor activities that do occur in-person, masks and social distancing considerations are encouraged.”
CDC/Fort Bend County COVID-19 Medium/Yellow Guidance: “If you think you are at high risk for severe illness, talk with your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions.
Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines.
Get tested if you have symptoms.
People may choose to mask at any time. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.”
[VSP hours to be recorded in VMS under the category “SCNP-7 Habitats Public Access: TMN Report Hours”]