ELM FORK CHAPTER TEXAS MASTER NATURALIST
Is Texas Master Naturalist strictly a volunteer organization?
- Yes. A Member of a TMN Chapter may not receive compensation for their volunteer service.
How do I become a Member of the Elm Fork Chapter of Texas Master Naturalist?
- Submit an application for training, including $150 registration fee
- Attend our training program, which consists of 72 hours of classroom and field experience instruction. (Minimum of 60 hours is required to graduate from basic training.)
- Complete an additional 8 hours of Advanced Training and 40 hours of volunteer service before December 31, 2021.
- Abide by the Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, and submit to an annual Texas Master Naturalist Volunteer Background Check.
When do classes start and what is the schedule?
- Our annual training program begins in August and runs into November for a total of 12 sessions. Classes are every Tuesday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (including lunch hour).
Where are classes held?
- Most classes take place at Global Spheres, 7801 I- 35E, Corinth, Texas 76208. There are also field trips to various locations in the area.
What topics are covered in the course?
- Numerous topics are covered including aspects of ecology, biology, geology, vegetation, climate, ornithology, entomology, mammals, ichthyology, plants, aquatics, urban ecology, and more. The 2020 schedule can be found here for your reference.
Is there a cost? If so, how much, and what does it cover?
- Yes, there is a $150 registration fee, which covers training materials along with 2020 & 2021 membership dues. Payment should be included with your application and may be mailed or delivered to the AgriLife Extension office. (Please make check payable to EFCMN). Space is limited and registration is not complete until payment is received.
How can I sign up?
- Send in the application and the $150 registration fee.
- If you need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What things can I do as an Elm Fork Master Naturalist?
- Check our Approved Project List to learn more about our chapter and the projects in which we are involved.