Calling all chapter photographers to submit your photos!
It’s time to submit your favorite photos to share with your fellow naturalists. Show off your best photos of wildlife, scenery, and GBAC friends at work and play. All skill levels and experience are welcome.
(1) Plants and Fungi – flowers, trees, other flora, or fungi, as the main subject
(2) Wildlife: birds – birds as the main subject
(3) Wildlife: insects and arachnids – insects and arachnids as the main subject
(4) Wildlife: reptiles and amphibians – reptiles or amphibians as the main subject
(5) Wildlife: other – other wildlife including marine life not covered by other categories or other mammals as the main subject
(6) Chapters at work/play – at least one chapter member working on a chapter-approved TMN project or event with some way of identifying this as a TMN project (example: sign, logoed hat, or tshirt, etc.)
(7) Scenic – land, water, sky, or other natural elements are the primary subject (excludes close-ups or small focal points of nature)
How to Enter
Submit your photos from Thursday, July 13th (12:00am) – Wednesday, August 23rd (11:59pm)
Each photographer may submit up to 1 photo per category
Use the file naming convention: Photoname_Categorynumber (for example: AmericanBullfrog_Category4)
Submission files must not exceed 50 MB
Accepted photo formats: JPEG, GIF and PNG
High resolution photos of at least 300 dpi are preferred for best quality
Photos including people are restricted to Chapters at Work/Play
Images must be the work of the individual submitting
Email pictures to email@example.com
Additional Contest Rules
It is the intent of this contest to focus on plant, fungus, and animal species seen in the wild. All subjects must be in their natural habitats in Texas. Photos taken in your backyard of native plants, birds, butterflies, or other species that ‘visit’ are accepted
All entries must not have been submitted in previous years
Usage: pictures submitted may be modified for later use for education purposes, GBAC-TMN publications or other outreach efforts. Every effort will be made to give you credit.
2023 GBAC Photo ContestImages submitted are for the GBAC photo contest. Photographers are free to submit their individual photos to the state contest (2023 Annual Meeting Photo, Art & Media Contest)
Winners will be announced at the chapter meeting on Thursday, October 5th
There will be 1 winner per category
Category winners may choose to have their images submitted by the chapter on their behalf to the state-level photo contest at the 2023 TMN annual meeting. Let us know in your email submission if you would like us to submit your photo if it wins its category.
Thank you for participating and we are excited to review your submissions! Email firstname.lastname@example.org