The National Wildlife Federation is sponsoring a one-day workshop on January 25, 2019 in Spring, Texas designed to train TMNs and others in monarch ecology. Class topics include:
- Monarch anatomy, biology, life cycle and migration.
- Monarch threats: parasites, disease, land use, and pesticides, among others.
- Milkweed ecology, nectar plants, and monarch waystations.
- Outreach tools and materials, agencies and conservation groups involved in monarch conservation activities.
- Citizen Science, communication skills, interpretation, and role play.
- How to recruit for and structure a successful workshop/presentation.
See the entry on the website calendar for more details and the link to register.