- This event has passed.
Aquatic Science Workshop
May 16 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
VMS opportunity: AT:TPWD Wildlife and Land Management Workshops and Programs
Texas Parks and Wildlife is hosting a Texas Aquatic Science Workshop in Lake Corpus Christi State Park on May 16, 2019. This workshop is open to all Master Naturalists. We will also have a workshop in Sheldon Lake State Park, but the date has not been scheduled yet. I will update your chapter once it has been confirmed.
For members who are pursuing Texas Waters Specialist Certification or members who are interested in Texas Waters but have not started yet, this workshop will provide 4 hours of TWS AT. We will also give 4 hours of CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credit for anyone who requests it.
Please pass this invite along to your members and have them contact me for registration (Instructions below).
If you have any questions, please let me know. We hope to see your chapter there!
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Texas Aquatic Science Workshop
This workshop will meet the following goals:
- introduce educators to the materials and philosophy of TAS
- provide a sampling of field activities
- make connection to local water and wildlife issues that will help people become aware of their place in the environment and their actions to protect it
- demonstrate field interpretive techniques used in TAS field activities and TAS trunk equipment inventory
Date: Thursday, May 16th
Time: 10:00am – 3:00pm (may vary slightly when closer to training)
Location: Lake Corpus Christi State Park
Register: Email Danielle Knapp-Smith at Danielle.Knapp-Smith@tpwd.texas.gov or call 512-389-8497.
What to bring:
- Lunch and snacks; reusable water bottle
- Footwear to possibly get wet (Optional: Water shoes and/or knee-high rainboots)
- Bug spray, sunscreen, and/or hat
- Change of clothes and towel (just in case); dress for weather
- Texas Aquatic Science Teacher Guide (Optional)
To receive the password to access the TAS documents, enter your information on the Access Request Form (TMN put your Chapter for Educational Facility).
If you have further questions about the Texas Aquatic Science curriculum, Texas Aquatic Science Certified Field Sites, or about the workshop, please contact Melissa Alderson at Melissa.Alderson@tpwd.texas.gov or 512-389-8060.D