A few things to note about this calendar.
· Events added to this calendar are NOT automatically approved as advanced or basic training opportunities. You MUST get local chapter approval for training hours before attending.
· This is obviously not an exhaustive calendar of all the incredible online opportunities happening right now. Your chapter training directors have been made aware of the calendar and will be adding to it shortly. Please email Mary Pearl (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have something you’d like to add to the calendar
· Each event should have an Organizer listed as a TMN chapter or organization. Please refer questions about the specific events to those organizers, not the TMN state office.
We hope this helps with our TMN volunteers ability to maintain connection and educational engagement during this period of shutdown.
- This event has passed.
Landowner Summit – What’s a Landowner to Do?
October 11, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
VMS opportunity: AT: TMN Chapter Program
Members attending the full seminar may claim 5 hours of AT. Members attending only some sessions should claim the number of AT hours for the sessions attended. In the “Describe” box, list the name of the seminar (may be shortened) and the sessions attended.
Preregistration for the summit is now open and accepted online at https://washington.agrilife.
Plan to join our Gideon Lincecum Chapter as we present the seminar, “What’s a Landowner to Do? A Plan for Your Land.” We’ll start our daylong seminar at 8:30 am on October 11, 2019 at the Washington County Fairgrounds Event Center. It’s only $30 if you pre-register and $40 at the door which includes a catered lunch. All the profits for this event will go toward our scholarship programs. Plan to join us for a fantastic day and a great cause.
- Understanding Landowner Liability
- Understanding the Ecosystem on your Land
- Feral Hog and Nuisance Animal Control
- Riparian Area Management and Erosion Control
- Controlling Moles and Gophers
Share the details of this event far and wide because the public is invited and we hope to fill the room!
Earn up to 5 CEUs for attending the full day. Texas Master Naturalists can also earn up to 5 hours of Advanced Training credit.
Contact Linda Esco for details.