Below is the criteria used for Advanced Training opportunities.
Our Heartwood chapter leaders ask the following questions of the opportunity when reviewing and approving Advanced Training (AT) Opportunities.
Does the Advanced Training opportunity:
1. Promote continued learning and development of naturalist skills?
2. Provide Master Naturalists with knowledge and skills to work in volunteer efforts?
3. Direct trained volunteers toward specific programs in need of their services?
4. Provide practical information and training for application in volunteer efforts?
5. Take advantage of local partnerships?
6. Provide Master Naturalists an opportunity to focus their interests in one or a few specific topics?
7. Build on the core curriculum initially provided by the local Chapter?
8. Provide natural resource management issues and information applicable to Texas?
Advanced Training opportunities must meet the criteria of: 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8 above. It is suggested that the remaining criteria also be a part of the approval consideration.
Source: The Chapter Management and Operation Protocols states in Article V of the Advanced Training Requirements