Welcome! The Hill Country Chapter’s Class of 2018 is accepting applications. We love being Texas Master Naturalists and know you will, too.
Residents of Bandera, Edwards, Gillespie, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Mason, Menard, Real, and San Saba counties who want to learn more about the Hill Country and volunteer in our ten-county area are encouraged to apply.
Texas Master Naturalist is a volunteer service organization, if you are not interested in volunteering 40 hours per year with any of our more than 80 approved volunteer projects, please do not apply.
- Applications must be received by 19 August.
- The training course begins 20 August with our trainee reception at Kerr Arts and Cultural Center in downtown Kerrville.
- Our educational (and fun) classes occur on Wednesdays beginning 22 August in the Upper Guadalupe River Authority Lecture Hall near downtown Kerrville.
- Field trips to geologically significant sites, preserves, and wildlife management areas are scheduled.
- Commencement occurs 14 November with a celebratory barbecue.
→ Apply Online
→ Approved Volunteer Projects list
→ 2018 proposed Class Schedule
2018 proposed curriculum
→ Previous Class Presentations
→ Maps of Class Locations