- This event has passed.
AT22-320 Ranchers Leasing Workshop, Kerrville
September 13, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM$50.00
Event Title: Ranchers Leasing Workshop
VMS-AT: AT: Hill Country Chapter Other Approved Training (Enter AT#, Class Title as posted, Location, and Presenter)
Comments: AT22-320 Ranchers Leasing Workshop, Kerrville, Presenters: Greg Kaase, Tiffany Lashmet (AT=4h)
Event Date: 9/13/2022
Event Time: 9:00a-1:00p
This course, designed for both landowners and lessees, addresses the legal and economic issues surrounding grazing, hunting and livestock leases.
Focused specifically on grazing, hunting, and livestock leases. This course, designed for both landowners and lessees, addresses the legal and economic issues surrounding grazing, hunting and livestock leases. Topics addressed include average cash lease rates, common payment structures, legal issues, and key terms to be included in lease agreements.
This workshop will teach you…
- The basics of a written agricultural lease agreement
- The most common lease arrangements and payment structures
- Possible terms included in an agricultural lease relating to termination
- Resources for choosing a lease rate
- Possible limitations included in a lease
- Common lease terms related to mineral estates
- Specific considerations for a hunting lease
- The importance of liability coverage and insurance for an agricultural lease.
Speakers Tiffany Dowell Lashmet (attorney) and Dr. Greg Kaase (economist) will be glad to answer questions.
All participants receive their own copy of Ranchers Agricultural Leasing Handbookm which contains checklists and sample lease language.
For more information on the program contact Dr. Greg Kaase at 979-458-3348 or Tiffany Lashmet at 806-677-5600
Register @: https://tx.ag/aglawevents22
Hill country Youth Event Center
3785 Highway 27
Dr. Greg Kaase
Dr. Greg Kaase at 979-458-3348
Tiffany Lashmet at 806-677-5600