Welcome to the Texas Master Naturalist, Hill Country Chapter New Class Application portal.
We are very pleased you are considering joining our dynamic Volunteer Training Program organization.
Texas Master Naturalist mission is to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities for the state of Texas.
Complete the Three-Step Application process:
- Submit the Hill Country Chapter application form found below.
- Complete and submit the state level Texas Master Naturalist Volunteer Application including Background Check approval at tpwd.samaritan.com/recruiter/.
- Remember your User Name and Password.
- All background checks must be completed in order to be accepted.
- Your application will not be accepted if these steps are not completed.
- Upon notification of acceptance, submit tuition payment online with Amazon Payments within two weeks. Failure to pay within two weeks of acceptance will forfeit class seat.
- Your information is confidential and seen only by the Hill Country Chapter Board of Directors. It will not be provided to any others or any other organization.
- Application period runs April 01 to June 30. Applications must be received by June 30, 2017 to be considered for the Fall 2017 Hill Country Chapter Training Course. Applicant selection and notification will be completed on or before August 01.
- Class size is limited, application selection will be based upon answers provided to the questions on the application.
- Responses about your interest in the Hill Country Chapter, your past volunteer involvements, areas in which you would like to become involved as a volunteer, and skill sets that you could employ in your chapter activities will weigh heavily in the selection process.
- View our more than 100 Approved Volunteer Projects at txmn.org/hillcountry/new-class-volunteer-projects-list/.
- Timeliness (earlier application date) may also be considered, especially in the event of individuals who tie with only one class seat remaining.
- Once class selection is complete, the top three applicants not chosen will be placed on a priority waiting list. (Occasionally life changes preclude chosen applicants from accepting a class seat.)
- Additional consideration may be given to applicants who were not able to join the class in an earlier year in recognition of their continued interest in the Texas Master Naturalist program and the Hill Country Chapter.
- Financial aid for either full tuition or partial tuition may be offered based upon funds available and applicant need. Email our membership director email@example.com for information.