Use the online Volunteer Management System (VMS) to report volunteer and advanced training (AT) hours.
Volunteer and AT hours must be reported within 45 days of the date performed.
Instructions to enter volunteer hours
- On the VMS dashboard click “Report Your Service”.
- Select the appropriate project code from the drop down menu.
- Enter date and hours volunteered.
- In the “Describe your service or training” box enter a simple and brief description of your volunteer activities.
- You may enter total miles driven to and from the activity.
Read the list for projects’ descriptions. Use the VMS drop-down list to enter hours. If in doubt about which project code to use to report hours, please read the project descriptions to find the most appropriate project code. If you still have questions email the Director of Volunteer Projects or the VMS Projects Manager.
Instructions to enter AT hours
Need help? Use the VMS Help Desk or refer to the tip sheet found on the txmn.org login page.
If you do not plan to participate in certain projects you can remove them from your list.
How to Shorten your drop down project list by removing projects from “My Placements”
- Login into VMS.
- On the dashboard click “My Placements”.
- Our projects list opens. You have been approved for each project appearing in your list.
- Click “Click here for details or to remove yourself”, a new page opens, then click the RED box and confirm.
- If you decide to participate in a project that you have removed, email the VMS project manager to readd you to the project. The project will then reappear in your drop-down list.
Read the VMS Intro and Info newsletter and watch the chapter VMS presentation.
Hill Country Chapter VMS Team
Sandy Leyendecker – VMS data manager
Kristie Denbow – VMS projects manager