Use the online Volunteer Management System (VMS) to report volunteer and advanced training (AT) hours. Volunteer and AT hours must be reported within 45 days of the date performed.
Instructions to enter AT hours >> https://txmn.org/hillcountry/report-at-on-vms/
- On the VMS dashboard click “Report Your Service”.
- Select the appropriate project code from the drop down menu.
- If in doubt about which project code to use to report hours, please read the project descriptions to find the most appropriate project code. If you still have questions email the VMS Projects Manager or the Director of Volunteer Projects. If the volunteer activity is not listed by name it is usually not an approved project. Please do not arbitrarily enter hours for an unapproved project under another code. Contact us before volunteering to determine if an unlisted project qualifies for reportable hours.
- Enter date and hours volunteered.
- In the “Describe your service or training” box enter a simple brief description of your volunteer activities.
- You may enter total miles driven roundtrip for the activity.
Avoid red flag entries in your VMS hours reports. Refer to the chart for help.
If you do not plan to participate in certain projects you can remove them from your list.
How to Shorten your drop down project list by removing projects from “My Placements”
- Login into VMS.
- On the dashboard click “My Placements”.
- Our projects list opens. You have been approved for each project appearing in your list.
- Click “Click here for details or to remove yourself”, a new page opens, then click the RED box and confirm.
- If you decide to participate in a project that you have removed, email the VMS project manager to readd you to the project. The project will then reappear in your drop-down list.
Read the VMS Intro and Info newsletter and watch the chapter VMS presentation. You can also use the VMS Help Desk or refer to the tip sheet found on the txmn.org login page