Use the online Volunteer Management System (VMS) to enter volunteer and advanced training (AT) hours.
Volunteer and AT hours must be reported within 45 days of the date performed. Please do not wait to report hours. TPWD does not allow us to accept hours dated past the “45 day rule’.
Instructions to enter AT hours >> https://txmn.org/hillcountry/report-at-on-vms/
- On the VMS dashboard click “Report Your Service”.
- Select the appropriate project name and code from the drop down menu.
- If in doubt about which project code to use to report hours, please read the project descriptions from our approved projects list to find the most appropriate project code and extension.
- If you still have questions email the VMS Projects Manager or the VMS Data Manager.
- If the volunteer activity is not listed by name it is usually not an approved project. Please do not arbitrarily enter hours for an unapproved project under any code. Email us before volunteering to determine if an unlisted project qualifies for reportable hours.
- Enter date and hours volunteered.
- In the “Describe your service or training” box enter a brief description of your volunteer activities.
- Do not use acronyms, initialism, or abbreviations of any kind in VMS hours reports. If you must include a name spell out the full name – even if the name appears in the chapter’s project title. Auditors look only at the entry; they do not look at our chapter project title.
- You may enter total miles driven roundtrip for the activity.
If your project has two or three letter extensions, use the simple descriptions below to choose the extension that best fits your completed activity.
Avoid ‘Red Flag Entries’ in your VMS hours reports. Refer to the chart below for help.
Would you like to shorten your VMS drop down menu?
Your drop down menu can display only chosen projects.
If you do not plan to participate in certain projects you may remove them from your list by removing projects from “My Placements.”
- Login into VMS.
- On the dashboard click “My Placements”.
- Our projects list opens. You have been approved for each project appearing in your list.
- Click “Click here for details or to remove yourself”, a new page opens, then click the RED box and confirm.
- If you decide to participate in a project that you have removed, email the VMS project manager to add you to the project. The project will then reappear in your drop-down list.
The VMS Help Desk is also available.