To see the impact the Texas Master Naturalist Program has had throughout the years, check out our Annual Results:
We want to take a minute every day to say THANK YOU for all that you do for our natural resources– not just on Earth Day or National Volunteer Week…. but EVERY DAY no matter what the day!!!
Through the latest reporting year of 2018 and to date, Texas Master Naturalists have reported:
- More than 12,800 volunteers have been trained through TMN training classes.
- There are 48 TMN chapters statewide.
- 453,485 service hours were reported by TMN volunteers throughout the 2018 calendar year. This service is valued at more than $11.2 Million. To date, over 4.131 Million hours (valued at $102 Million) have been reported to the TMN program.
- Last year TMN volunteer reached over 390,000 youth adults and private land owners through their outreach, educational and technical guidance events. Through 2016, TMN volunteers have reached more than 6 Million people to date.
- 2,476 new acres were impacted in 2018 through TMN volunteer stewardship projects and management plans and over 229,000 acres have been impacted to date.
- 111 new trail miles were developed and/or maintained through new TMN service projects in 2018. To date, over 2,321 trail miles have been impacted.
- Over 400 partnerships at the local chapter level have been established statewide to date.
The volunteer work and assistance that you provide our agencies on a daily basis is such a vital part of our existence… Quite simply, we could not accomplish much of what we do without your help! Your everyday activity is making a difference for Texas’ natural resources and natural areas. From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU! Thank You! Thank you!!! (I don’t think we can ever say it enough!!!)
The work that you do and the accomplishments you have never goes unnoticed!
Michelle Haggerty and Mary Pearl Meuth
Michelle M. Haggerty Mary Pearl Meuth
State Program Coordinator Assistant State Program Coordinator
309 Sidney Baker South 102 Nagle Hall, 2258 TAMU
Kerrville, TX 78028 College Station, TX 77843
O: 830-896-2504 O: 979-845-7294
Congratulations to the TWA 2014 Adult Volunteers of the Year- Paul and Charlie Grindstaff!
Paul and Charlie have been Conservation Education volunteers in the DFW area. They have rearranged their personal schedules to always be available when needed. Many times this past year, volunteering 2 or 3 days a week, they have attended almost every field investigation day held in the DFW area, many times bringing other volunteers with them. They have presented at trainings/workshops growing each day as outdoor educators. Paul and Charlie are always finding new ways to make real world connections for students with the material they are presenting. And without fail, Paul & Charlie always are the last volunteers to leave, helping clean up and load up trailers.
They are also Master Naturalists who are always recruiting new volunteers from the Master Naturalists groups around the DFW area. They have spoken at different events, written letters, touting TWA’s youth education programs. The volunteer base has doubled in the DFW area because of Paul and Charlie’s efforts, and continues to grow. Paul and Charlie are invaluable to TWA and the L.A.N.D.S. Program. We are honored and grateful for their outstanding efforts. Thank you for all that you have done!
From the pen of Carter P. Smith:
“Their talents are many.
Their time is a godsend.
And, if they were an army, they would be a formidable one.”
In thanks to the Texas Master Naturalist Volunteers for the almost one million hours you gave us in volunteer support during 2013.
Read the full article from the April 2014 issue of “Texas Parks and Wildlife” magazine.