- This event has passed.
Refuge Saturday at Cannan Bend
October 16, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Come join the fun at Cannan Bend.
Opening “ceremony,” will be at 11:30.
COT volunteers are needed to assist with some of the following planned activities:
- Trail walk (assisted by Kristine Rivers and Chris Kneupper)
- Kayaking (staff to supply two tandem and eight single kayaks with flotation devices). David Heinicke will be leading this activity.
- Fishing will have one station with volunteers to assist children, using San Bernard equipment. Mike
Mullenweg will be asked to lead this activity. We will supply worms. Guests will be encouraged to bring
their own tackle, and may spread out along the north shore as they desire.
- Birds-of-Prey programs will be held in an open area TBD. Guests may be encouraged to bring their own
chairs; we may provide other chairs. Phil Huxford will be leading this activity.
- Welcome area / volunteer sign-in will be at the trail head (need tent)
- Parking: a plan TBD, but will be outside of the tree line.
- Direction signs will be placed at the levy entrance, and at the intersections of CR523/CR690 (levy road) and at Hwy332/CR690.
Approved for up to 5 hours VT (plus drive time) by TMN-COT.
VMS code PO: Public Outreach
Description: SBNWR: Refuge Saturday at Cannan Bend