The VMS Help Desk is specific to the Texas Master Naturalist Program, its volunteers and administrators. On the Help Desk, you will find
- VMS admininstrator manuals, reporting manuals, volunteer manuals and objective specific documents
- The ability to initiate a trouble ticket or request for information
- Sign up for Administrator VMS on-line training (Hours Keepers, approvers, reporting, new class admins)
- Find an administrator in another chapter (Help Desk ticket)
- View the VMS Newsletter (Help desk)
- Check to see if a new trainee already has a TPWD profile (Help desk ticket)
- Find out how to use WebEx in VMS training classes
Since the training is AT, be sure to select the Opportunity Type as Advanced Training in the survey.
- If the AT was pertaining to VMS (includes video), post your AT hours under “AT: VMS Training”.
- If the AT was received at a Chapter Meeting (ours or another chapter), post your hours under “AT: Chapter Meeting CenTex”.
- If the AT was not one of the above, there should be an AT title in your volunteer drop-down that is specific to the training you attended. Select that appropriate title and complete the survey. If there is not a title in your drop-down that matches what you attended, then you should submit a new “Volunteer Service/AT Request Form” from this website. Go to the Home page and select Member Resources from the menu bar, select Chapter Documents, enter the password, scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Advanced Training/Volunteer Service Approval Request Form”; complete the form on-line and click the OK button at the bottom. Your request will be automatically emailed to the approvers and you should hear from them within three days.
- in the performance of your duties as an CTMN officer (sub-category: the specific officer – President, Treasurer…)
- in CTMN Board or CTMN Committee work (sub-category: Board/Committee Work)
- in the performance of any of the responsibilities as a Training Class mentor (to include attendance at Training Class sessions), as a Training Class Host(ess) or a Training Class facilitator (sub-category: Training Class)
- in the area of Communications (Photography for the chapter, chapter Web Page maintenance/development, publishing “The Tracker”, working on or contributing to the chapter scrapbook) (sub-category: Communications)
- in the area of Hospitality (sub-category: Hospitality)
- in the area of Hours Management (duties of the chapter’s Hours Administrator(s) (sub-category: Hours Management)
- in the area of Fundraising (preparing, developing, acquiring, building items for sale for the chapter, or soliciting funds or grants for the chapter) (sub-category: Fundraising)
- in the area of Programs (scheduling and arranging for speakers at chapter meetings) (sub-category: Programs)
- in the area of administrative work for a particular service project (organizing and conducting meetings, record keeping and reporting, etc) (subcategory: Project Management) – Note: these activities could go under the opportunity Administrative Work, chapter Administration as well)
- in the area of VMS Rollout (preparing for VMS training as a presenter, presenting a training on VMS, preparing data for VMS conversion) (subcategory: Samaritan VMS Rollout)
- in writing an article for “The Tracker” (includes research time)
- entering your or someone else’s hours into the VMS
To submit a new Volunteer Service/AT Request Form, select
New Opportunity Request Form
and enter the password; complete the form on-line and click the “Submit” button at the bottom.
Your request will be automatically emailed to the approvers and you should hear from them within three days.
Next step: Post your hours or review them by logging in at the VMS Web Portal.
Note: Once logged in
- Use Report My Service to enter hours
- Use View My Log Book to view hours entered for a specific date range
If you wish to apply to become a Texas Master Naturalist, you may do so at Apply to Become a Master Naturalist
Chapter VMS Administrators may login using their admin user ID at VMS Admin.