Coastal Prairie Texas Master Naturalists (CPTMN) are a group of trained volunteers who share their appreciation and knowledge of nature with the community through outreach, education and conservation/restoration projects.
The Coastal Prairie Chapter Programs are free and open to the public and are held on the first Thursday of the month at the Rosenberg Civic Center 3825 TX-36, Rosenberg, TX 77471. Join us at 6:30 p.m. for a 30 minute social time and the hour long program begins at 7:00 p.m.
- October 2018: No regular meeting
- November 2018: No regular meeting
- December 2018: No regular meeting
SEABOURNE NATURE FEST November 3, 2018 SAVE THE DATE!
- Click SEABOURNE CREEK NATURE PARK to learn about our signature project
- BIRD HIKES Monthly Bird hikes offered at Seabourne Creek Nature Park start Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 at 8am. For a full list of the birds seen at Seabourne go to Seabourne e-Bird Species List.
- SEABOURNE NATURE FEST is our signature event, occurring every November on the 1st Saturday at the park.
- SEABOURNE WEEKEND NATURE WALKS are available by appointment only.
COASTAL PRAIRIE BLOG
A new “Insect and Spider List” for the SCNP has been created using all the sightings shown on the SCNP page on the iNaturalist website. The SCNP has been an active location on iNaturalist with lots of observers uploading their sightings weekly, especially during the iNaturalist City Nature Challenge this year. The list will be updated as more sightings are posted to iNaturalist. The next iNaturalist City Challenge takes place April 26-29, 2019. Click here to view the new Insect and Spider List. All photos by Amber… Read More →
Do you want to add native plants to your garden, but do not know where to begin? Try starting with the link below to the guide of 9 Native Plants from Katy Prairie Conservancy! Photo by John Donaho. http://www.katyprairie.org/nine-natives/
The newest Upper Texas Coast – Great Texas Birding Trail Map is now available from TPWD for $5.00. It includes our Seabourne Creek Nature Park as one of the new listings. To order call 1.800.792.1112 or go to https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wildlife/wildlife-trails/how-to-purchase.phtml . Thanks to Carol Schwartz for this information!