Events are listed on the calendar. You can search by date or topic. You can also change the view from list to Calendar view. Please remember only 4 hours of webinars can be counted for AT.
AT committee: Rita Loki, Robert McLaughlin, Martha Peet, and Rob Roy. To contact the committee email email@example.com.
To request approval for AT complete this form.
July 17 – How to Help Our Local Wildlife
July 20 – Bird Watching
July 25 – Plant walk at Cross Timbers
July 27 – Native Plant Symposium
July 31 – Raptors of Texas
July 31- Bobcats, Bobcats Everywhere!
August 14 – Protecting Our Water, Air, and Habitat
August 24 – Growing Native Plants
Sept 6-8 – OAKTABLE Lichen Workshop
Sept. 19 – Air Quality 101
Sept 21 – Nature Hike at Clear Creek
October 23 – Tour of Furneaux Creek Nature Trail
October 31 – Indian Marker Trees and Native Tree Species
Ongoing AT Opportunities
- 2019 Monarch Conservation Webinar Series
- Cornell Lab Bird Academy
- Raptor Rapture Online Course
- Any of the Native Landscape Certification Program Classes and most of their programs offered by the Native Plant Society of Texas
- The Citizen Forester Class
- Skywarn class
- NOLS Wilderness First Aid classes
- Second Saturday Events at the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge
- SWAt Meetings – Fourth Thursdays 9:30 am
- Friends of Furneaux Creek Nature Trail – Fourth Monday 7 pm
- Bird and nature walks offered by nature centers, such as LLELA and Clear Creek
Habitat Restoration Fundamentals: Time-tested approaches and new advancements in creating monarch butterfly habitat (Eric Lee-Mäder, The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gij_gjCsGHQ&feature=youtu.be&list=PLZb5DyVcCk955KQKL4J_Ca7aVmzBbM7pr
On the Wings of Monarchs: A 10,000 foot view of species conservation – https://fws.rev.vbrick.com/#/videos/fc559008-1640-457e-933c-90d868147dfa
Meadow Establishment in the East (Larry Weaner, Larry Weaner Landscape Associates; Ann Aldrich, Dumbarton Oaks Park Conservancy) https://monarchjointventure.org/resources/monarch-conservation-webinar-series – (No direct link, but it is on the page towards the bottom.)
Learn to transcribe for BRIT – https://fccdl.in/4be45lpu7j