Events are listed on the calendar. You can search by date or topic. You can also change the view from list to Calendar view. Please remember only interactive webinars can be counted for AT, however all eight hours of AT required for certification can be online during this crisis.
The state is offering an online calendar of possible AT events. We will try to keep a parallel calendar of chapter approved AT, but if you find one on the state calendar that is not on this website, please email AT@efctmn.org for approval.
AT committee: Rita Loki, Jody Springer, Robert McLaughlin, Martha Peet, and Rob Roy. To contact the committee email AT@efctmn.org
To request approval for AT complete this form.
Online Advanced Training
North Texas Online (Courtesy of GreenSource DFW) – Updated 5/28
River Legacy Science Center, Arlington
Closed until further notice.
River Legacy Live is broadcast live on Tuesday and Thursday at 2 p.m. on Facebook.
Monday Story Time, Wild Wednesday and Fun Fact Friday are posted on Facebook at 2 p.m.
Conservation of Natural Resources – Many forestry webinars count as AT (not the choosing yard trees)
- June 4: Plant and Animal Interactions, Dr. Bob Lyons
- July 2: (IPM CEU) What Vine is Growing on Your Fence? Dr. Barron Rector
- September 3: (General CEU) Why Herbicide Treatments Fail, Dr. Megan Clayton
Natural Areas 2020 Webinars – 2 webinars a month starting in April
These face-to-face events may be canceled too:
July 11 – Live Owls and Raptors
August 22 – Mike Fox, Dragonflies
Oct 8 – Butterfly Gardening
October 24 – Screech Owls – Sue Yost
Ongoing AT Opportunities
- 2019 Monarch Conservation Webinar Series
- Cornell Lab Bird Academy
- Raptor Rapture Online Course
- Any of the Native Landscape Certification Program Classes and most of their programs offered by the Native Plant Society of Texas
- The Citizen Forester Class
- Fly fishing class
- Skywarn class
- Project WILD or Aquatic WILD workshops
- NOLS Wilderness First Aid classes
- Second Saturday Events at the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge
- LLELA Lecture Series
- SWAt Meetings – Fourth Thursdays 9:30 am
- Friends of Furneaux Creek Nature Trail – Fourth Monday 7 pm
- Native Plant Society of Texas Chapter Meetings
- Audubon educational presentations
- Bird and nature walks offered by nature centers, such as LLELA and Clear Creek