Events are listed on the calendar. You can search by date or topic; change the view from Month to List or Day, and use the color blocks at the top of the calendar to view a specific event category (ie, advanced training, chapter meeting, etc.)
Please remember only interactive webinars can be counted for AT, however all eight hours of AT required for certification can be online (for now).
The state offers an online calendar of possible AT events. We will try to keep a parallel calendar of chapter approved AT, but if you find one on the state calendar that is not on this website, please email AT@efctmn.org for approval.
AT committee: David Jones, Kathy Webb, Robert McLaughlin, and Rob Roy. To contact the committee email AT@efctmn.org.
To request approval for AT complete this form. Please give us two weeks advance notice for your AT request to be approved, published on website and added to PYW. This provides members with plenty of time to plan their AT attendance.
2023 Online Advanced Training
To earn advanced training hours in 2022, presentations must be LIVE, with the following exceptions: TMN Tuesday and Be The Change recorded sessions ARE allowed for AT.
The VMS code for a TMN Tuesday or Be the Change sessions (live or recorded) is AT: TMN Tuesday. Recordings can be found at: https://txmn.tamu.edu/tmntuesdays/ and https://txmn.tamu.edu/bethechange/.
Virtual AT events below. CHECK THE CALENDAR FOR IN-PERSON AT.
January 11 – Nature’s Best Hope
January 10 – #TMN Tuesday
January 9 through February 27 – Beginner Birder Virtual Series
January 5 through April 30 – Next Level Birding
December 29 – Next Level Birding
December 21 – Plant Party: Planting a Seed
December 13 – #TMN Tuesday
December 3 – Insect Appreciation Workshop
November 26 – Hammer Heads: The Wonderful World of Woodpeckers
November 19 – Mindfulness in Nature
November 15 – Fungi Truths – Food & Medicine with Dr. Merriwether
Ongoing AT Opportunities
- Texas Nature Trackers (LIVE on Facebook)
- Monarch Conservation Webinar Series
- Cornell Lab Bird Academy
- Raptor Rapture Online Course
- Adult programs by the Blackland Prairie Raptor Center
- Any of the Native Landscape Certification Program Classes and most of their programs offered by the Native Plant Society of Texas
- The Citizen Forester Class
- Fly fishing class
- Skywarn class
- Project WILD or Aquatic WILD workshops
- NOLS Wilderness First Aid classes
- Second Saturday Events at the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge
- LLELA Lecture Series
- SWAt Meetings – 4th Thursday of the month at 9:30am
- Friends of Furneaux Creek Nature Trail Meetings – 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm
- Native Plant Society of Texas Chapter Meetings
- Audubon educational presentations
- Bird and nature walks offered by nature centers, such as LLELA and Clear Creek
Educational Resources for North Texas (Courtesy of GreenSource DFW) – Updated 1/28
Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge, Fort Worth
River Legacy Science Center, Arlington
Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, McKinney
Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center, Cedar Hill
Trinity River Audubon Center, Dallas
Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Center, Lewisville
Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, Fort Worth
Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Dallas
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, Fort Worth