Events are listed on the member calendar. You can search by date or topic; change the view from Month to List or Day, and use the color blocks at the top of the calendar to view a specific event category (ie, advanced training, chapter meeting, etc.)
The state offers an online calendar of possible AT events. Not all of these events are approved for AT by our chapter. To request approval, please submit an AT approval request form. Please give us two weeks advance notice for your AT request to be approved, published on website and added to PYW. This provides our membership with plenty of time to plan their AT attendance.
Events approved for AT by other Texas Master Naturalist Chapters are now allowed for AT by our Chapter. Enter your time in VMS as AT:Other Chapter Approved
To earn advanced training hours in 2023, presentations must be in-person or via webinar, and have an interactive Q&A component. However, there are two exceptions: Watching recorded webinars for #TMN Tuesdays and Texas Waters Webinars.
Members and members-in-training have until December 31st, of the current year, to record VMS hours for watching recordings that were presented in the current year.
Enter your AT hours under AT: TMN Tuesday. Recordings can be found at: https://txmn.tamu.edu/tmntuesdays/.
Texas Waters Webinars
Watching previously recorded webinars listed on the Texas Waters Specialist website are entered in VMS using AT: TX Water Certification Training.
When watching a LIVE TWS webinar, you may report hours using either
AT: TX Water Certification Training – to count the hours towards TWS certification
or AT: Chapter Approved – if not counting the hours towards TWS certification.
AT committee: David Jones, Larry Duncan, Robert McLaughlin, and Rob Roy.
To contact the committee email AT@efctmn.org.
VIRTUAL AT EVENTS (check the calendarfor in-person AT)
March 5 – #TMN Tuesday
March 6 – More Green Time Less Screen Time
April 9 – #TMN Tuesday
May 14 – #TMN Tuesday
ONGOING AT OPPORTUNITIES
- Native Prairie Association of Texas (NPAT) Hikes
- Texas Nature Trackers (LIVE on Facebook)
- Monarch Conservation Webinar Series
- Cornell Lab Bird Academy
- Raptor Rapture Online Course
- Adult programs by the Blackland Prairie Raptor Center
- Any of the Native Landscape Certification Program Classes and most of their programs offered by the Native Plant Society of Texas
- The Citizen Forester Class
- Fly fishing class
- Skywarn class
- Project WILD or Aquatic WILD workshops
- NOLS Wilderness First Aid classes
- Second Saturday Events at the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge
- LLELA Lecture Series
- SWAt Meetings – 4th Thursday of the month at 9:30am
- Friends of Furneaux Creek Nature Trail Meetings – 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm
- Native Plant Society of Texas Chapter Meetings (check topic to make sure it’s TMN related)
- Audubon educational presentations
- Bird and nature walks offered by nature centers, such as LLELA, Clear Creek, Furneaux Creek
Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge, Fort Worth
River Legacy Science Center, Arlington
Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, McKinney
Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center, Cedar Hill
Trinity River Audubon Center, Dallas
Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Center, Lewisville
Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, Fort Worth
Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Dallas
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, Fort Worth