Looking for up to 10 people to volunteer to start a wildflower field at Garey Park.
Phase I of our plan is to plant wildflower seeds in a field that is on the path to our wildlife blind. We have Central Texas Wildflower seeds (we may use some seed bombs too). Not all seeds will take the first year, so we’ll be monitoring and recording best practices for Phase II which will be the blank grass bed near the entry guard house.
What To Bring:
– hard or bow rakes – there are some natives in place and we do not want to disturb them, so we’ll be doing this by hand vs. the park doing by tractor.
– shovels – once the seed is in place, we’ll layer a light dusting of native dirt
– boots – we’ll be stomping the ground, so wear shoes you don’t mind dirtying up!
– gloves – avoid those blisters and bring garden gloves
– water – make sure to bring water to keep yourself hydrated
More details about the meet-up space, how to sign up and other pertinent items for the day, weather permitting, will be sent to the list of individuals who volunteer.
Thank You, in advance, for your support!
Trish Lopacki; Bob Waring
VMS: Please report volunteer hours to “NPA: Garey Park” including up to 1 hour of travel time. Indicate Garey in the entry description.
Date: 10/13/2019 (Sun.)
Time: 8:00am – 11:00am CDT
Location: Garey Park