Statement of Purpose
The Grant Committee of the Blackland Prairie Texas Master Naturalist Chapter provides funding to Chapter Members for projects and programs that align with the Chapter’s motto of education, restoration, and conservation.
Types of grant to be awarded
- Annual Micro Grant up to $500.00 reimbursement
Grants are awarded on an annual basis. Please note, at the discretion of the Grant Committee and with the approval of the BPTMN Board, grant allocations may be awarded at higher levels or for multi-year opportunities.
- Project must provide for education, restoration, and conservation in Collin, Hunt, or contiguous counties.
- The project applicant will need to be a Blackland Prairie Chapter member in good standing and a certified master naturalist.
- Project must demonstrate a well thought out plan and leadership
- Project must be approved for granting before any reimbursement can take place and the chapter will not refund past expenditures prior to the grant award.
- The proposal must outline innovative and comprehensive projects for education, restoration, or conservation consistent with the Chapter’s mission statement.
- Awards will be granted in January of each year. Update reports are due to your BPTMN Grant Committee/Board Member liaison quarterly. Due dates are April 5th, August 5th and November 5th with the final report due January 5th. If the project concludes prior to the end of the year, a final report may be submitted earlier than January 5th. It is the grantee’s responsibility to update the Grant Committee. The update reports should include expenditure receipts along with reimbursement forms, project images, and project summaries. All receipts must be submitted prior to submitting the one year report. Reports may be used in Shaking the Trees, the chapter’s newsletter.
- Award recipients are encouraged to participate in a presentation to the Chapter in some form, ex. New member orientation, chapter meeting presentation, deep dive, walking tour, field trip, etc.
- Chapter projects may also be considered by the Board for submission to the state TMN program’s annual Project Fair.