Our chapter-approved volunteer service opportunities include our partners, chapter-supported projects, member lead projects, and special events listed below. We have partnered with several Nature Preserves and support them continuously.
Please monitor our Blackland Prairie Calendar for additional information and opportunities.
For details on the partner organizations and their volunteer opportunities, please review the information below and click on the organization name for additional information from the organization’s Volunteer page. Some of our partners require you to complete the partner’s organization background check and training.
- Blackland Prairie Raptor Center
- Blackland Prairie Raptor Center is a rehabilitation and conservation education organization, specializing in fostering better public understanding of the relationship between birds of prey and healthy ecosystems.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Raptor care and feeding; education; rehabilitation of sick/injured birds; prairie/park maintenance; construction projects
- Volunteer Contact for raptor rehab: email@example.com
- Volunteer Contact for Prairie/Trail Maintenance: Lorelei Stierlin | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1625 Brockdale Park Road, Lucas, TX 75002
- Connemara Meadow
- The Meadow is 72 acres of natural habitat, rich in floral diversity that is reminiscent of the tall grass Blackland Prairie that once existed here.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Assisting with land restoration and conservation projects; providing educational programs for students; facilitating monthly activities in the Preserve; working on special events
- Volunteer Contact: Bob Mione | email@example.com
- Address: Public access is available to the Connemara Nature Preserve via a trail on the eastern edge of Suncreek Park 601 S. Alma Drive in Allen
- Heard Museum
- The Heard consists of a 289-acre wildlife sanctuary and a natural science museum for the primary purpose of educating children about nature. The Heard is a private 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and exists to bring nature and people together to discover, enjoy, experience, restore, and preserve our priceless environment.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Museum or trail docent; ropes course volunteer; special events; trail guides; live animal care; garden maintenance; butterfly house, sanctuary & trail maintenance
- Volunteer Contact: Laura Ragan firstname.lastname@example.org | 972-562-5566
- Address: 1 Nature Place McKinney, Texas 75069
- Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area Nature Preserve
- Mission: To preserve and restore native Texas ecosystems and biodiversity while providing opportunities for environmental education, research, & recreation.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Habitat restoration; river care team; nest box management; 1870s Homestead; birding hikes; outdoor education; bird banding.
- Volunteer Contact: Erin Piper | email@example.com | 469-635-5482
- Address: 201 E. Jones St. Lewisville, TX 75057 (corner of Jones/Kealy St.)
Additional Chapter Supported Projects and Member Lead Projects –
Please check our Calendar for additional Service Opportunities.