Empowering Chapter Members & Expanding our Online Community Reach:
We’re excited to announce a change to increase our social media engagement and impact! With unanimous board approval, the Communications Committee can now independently share community events aligned with our mission on social media.
Social media posts that ARE currently approved for VHAT will be tagged/mentioned accordingly, with a link to the BPTMN calendar.
Example – of “Currently Approved VHAT” below. If it does NOT have this tag or mention VHAT, you will need to follow the flow chart below to request Volunteer Hours or Advanced Training.
This change empowers the community we serve and our members to:
- Discover relevant events and stay informed about exciting activities beyond those directly organized by the chapter.
- Be community ambassadors: Share impactful events with our 4,000+ combined social media followers, expanding our reach beyond the current 5% chapter member audience.
- Maintain event integrity: Only approved events will be officially promoted through our chapter website, VHAT calendar, and VMS member emails.
How it works:
- Check the VHAT calendar: Find officially approved events and stay up-to-date.
- Check your Inbox for an VMS email, it is pre-approved for VHAT.
- Check the VMS pulldown menu, it is pre-approved for VHAT.
- Use the VHAT request form: Submit proposed events for consideration.
Check out this easy-to-follow Flow Chart made by Nancy Casillas, Class of 2009 for the New Class students.
Together, we can build a stronger, more vibrant community!
Blackland Prairie Chapter
Texas Master Naturalists