Become a Member of the Class of 2023
The Hill Country Chapter is a group of hard-working people who are dedicated to the Mission Statement of the Texas Master Naturalist Program.
“The Texas Master Naturalist mission is to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to provide education, outreach and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities for the State of Texas”.
What happens after I fill out the application?
• During the application open period (March 31st close), the Membership Director will notify each individual once everything has been completed for your application or if there are any questions.
• After March 31st, the chapter Board of Directors will review all applications and make selections. This is NOT a first come, first served approval process. Seats for the course are limited.
• The Membership Director will notify you via email by the end of May of your selection or non-selection.
• If you are selected, more information will be sent to you about the next steps.
• If you are not selected for the 2023 class, don’t throw in the towel. The Membership Director will provide more information to you in an email about what you can do to be plugged in to nature activities/learning until the next class.
The cost of the class is $200, which includes a hardbound textbook, all field trip fees and all speaker fees (except as noted). If you already have a book or are sharing a book with someone, then your cost is $160. Payment can be submitted either by check or money order. Your payment MUST be received before it will be reviewed for acceptance.
If you have questions about the training course or the Texas Master Naturalist program, please email our membership director.
Our members make a difference. We invite you to join us as we work together to keep the Hill Country Native!
Are you ready to fill out the Application to become a Texas Master Naturalist?