- This event has passed.
AT21-431 Texas Legends IIPlant ID and Grazing Workshop, Comfort
September 11, 2021 @ 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM$25.00
Event Title: Texas Legends IIPlant ID and Grazing Workshop
VMS-AT: AT: Hill Country Chapter Other Approved Training (Enter AT#, Class Title as posted, Location, and Presenter)
Comments: AT21-431 Texas Legends IIPlant ID and Grazing Workshop, Comfort, Presenters: Steve Nelle, Bill Carr, Daniel Oppenheimer, Ryan McGillicuddy, Peggy Sechrist, Kara Kroeger (AT=6h)
Event Date: 9/11/2021
Event Time: 10:00a-5-30p
Join us for a day-long plant ID and grazing workshop with legendary wildlife biologists, botanists, riparian
specialists, and grazing experts at the beautiful Roberts Ranch in Comfort, TX.
Join us for a day-long plant ID and grazing workshop with legendary wildlife biologists, botanists, riparian specialists, and grazing experts at the beautiful Roberts Ranch in Comfort, TX. Feel free to stay after the workshop for a short BYOB happy hour to get to know other producers.
We will also:
- Learn to identify common grasses and forbs in your pastures.
- Understand the value these plants offer to wildlife and livestock.
- Discover how to monitor pasture biodiversity and ground cover.
- Talk with other local producers about what grazing strategies work well for them.
- Understand how to apply active riparian revegetation techniques.
- Gain knowledge of how to optimally graze riparian areas.
- Learn techniques to improve soil infiltration/water holding capacity and prolong forage.
|Upland Group||Riparian Group|
|10:30-12:00||Monitoring/Plant ID||Active Revegetation Techniques/ Riparian Grazing Strategy|
|12:00-1:00||Peer-to-Peer Grazing Discussion||Water Cycle/Soil Infiltration/Water Holding Capacity|
|2:30-4:00||Monitoring/Plant ID||Active Revegetation Techniques/ Riparian Grazing Strategy|
|4:00-5:00||Peer-to-Peer Grazing Discussion||Water Cycle/Soil Infiltration/Water Holding Capacity|
|5:15-5:30||Closing Remarks||Closing Remarks|
Cost: $25.00 (includes lunch)
Register @: Space is limited to 50 participants. Please register in advance to secure your spot.
1111 Center Point Road
Comfort, TX 78013
NCAT Soil for Water