We will be hosting our First Friday workday. We will meet at the bunkhouse on Clark Creek at 8:30am. Activities planned for the day vary.
I will bring some grubbing/digging tools, as well as a wheelbarrow (I’ll make sure the tire is aired up this time!!), but if you have a favorite grubbing tool you would like to bring, feel free to do so. Otherwise, work gloves, water and any snacks/food you might want are the main things to bring. For any newbies, we typically wrap up our workday around noon. If folks need to leave early, you are welcome to do so.
Directions to the bunkhouse are attached, but feel free to contact me if you have any questions. If you plan to attend, please let me know so we have a rough idea of how many people to expect and can plan accordingly with tools and supplies.
Thanks so much and I hope to see everyone on Friday!!
Southern Hill Country Project Director
(979) 777-1862 (Mobile)
VMS CODE: BD-02-A Love Creek Preserve
Directions to Love Creek Preserve Bunkhouse
972 Clark Creek Road
Medina, Texas 78055
From San Antonio:
- Travel west on Highway 16 to Medina (through Bandera)
- It is approximately 32 miles from the Loop 1604/Hwy 16 (Bandera Road) Exit to Bandera
- In Bandera, you will turn right onto Main Street/Hwy 16 (at stop light)
- Stay on Hwy 16 and travel to Medina (~12 miles)*
From Kerrville (Intersection of Sydney Baker St/TX 16 and Main St):
- From the intersection of Sydney Baker St/TX 16 and Main Street, travel approximately 1.1 mile on Sydney Baker Street/TX 16 out of town
- At the intersection of TX 16 and Bandera Hwy/TX-173, turn left onto Bandera Hwy/TX-173
- Travel on TX-173 for approximately 13.4 miles until you reach FM 2828
- Turn right onto FM 2828 and travel approximately 9 miles until the road “T’s” into Hwy 16
- Turn right onto Hwy 16 and proceed 2.6 miles to Ranch Road 337 (just past the “Old Timer” gas station) in Medina*
- In Medina, turn left (west) onto Ranch Road 337 (just past the “Old Timer” gas station)
- Travel approximately 11 miles to Clark Creek Road
- You will pass our main preserve entrance gate on Hwy 337 at approximately 10 miles, where there is a white, TNC sign. Once/If you see the sign, travel about 1 more mile. You’ll go up a small hill, at the top is Clark Creek Road with a row of mailboxes next to it – there is a green road sign, but it can be easy to miss. If you start going up a huge hill, you’ll know you’ve gone too far.
- On Clark Creek Road, you’ll travel about 1 mile
- The address for the bunk house is 972 Clark Creek Road, Medina, TX 78055
- You’ll get to a point in the gravel road where the road goes through the creek or crosses the creek – there is a blue “911” sign at the intersection with “972” written on it
- Turn right onto the side road that crosses the creek and proceed up the driveway to the rock, bunkhouse.