- This event has passed.
Gabbard & Brison Park Clean-up
November 13, 2021 @ 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
We will be cleaning up Gabbard and Brison Parks Sa
turday, 11/13/2021, from 9:00 to 11:00 am. We will meet up at Gabbard Park (link to Google Map) at 8:45 am first. We will also be picking up trash and monofilaments around the Gabbard Park pond and have been given permission to access the little island of the pond as well.
Here are the details and requirement:
- Supplies: Our Chapter will provide trash grabbers, trash bags, and disposable gloves. You are welcome to bring your own trash grabbers and gloves.
- Required waiver: Please complete this Volunteer Release Form either email the completed and signed form to me before Friday, 11/12/2021, or bring your signed and completed form to me on Saturday.
- No need to sign this again if you participated at our spring clean up back on 04/03/2021.
- Island at Gabbard Park Pond: We will pick up monofilaments and fishing hooks on the island at Gabbard Park pond which is a nesting site for yellow-crowned night herons and green herons. We are as of yet unable to find definitive information regarding the depth of that pond.
- If you have a kayak or a wader and would like to help clean up that island, please let Amanda know ASAP.
- If you are interested in cleaning up this island, you need to complete and sign an additional waiver, Service Project Waiver, for the College Station Parks and Recreation. Please email the completed and signed form to me before Friday, 11/12/2021, or bring it with you on Saturday.
Our Chapter has been part of the City of College Station/Keep Brazos Beautiful’s Adopt-A-Greenway Program since 2015. We adopted Brison Park and Gabbard Park in College Station to be our locations to clean up annually.
- Click Adopt-A-Greenway Program if you want to know more about this program.
We look forward to volunteering with you to keep our parks clean and beautiful!