We have created the recurring Volunteer Service opportunities listed below in conjunction with some of our partners. Since the times and locations given may change, you should confirm the event time, date and location with the contact person before going to the site.
Armand Bayou Nature Center
- Prairie Fridays (Fridays, 9:00 am – noon) – Habitat restoration, wildlife monitoring and trail maintenance.
- Stewardship Saturday (First and third Saturdays, 8:30 am – noon) – Habitat restoration, wildlife monitoring and trail maintenance.Contact Mark Kramer by e-mail or call 281-474-2551.
Galveston Island State Park
- Many opportunities are available, including educational and stewardship activities. Work-days are scheduled as required. Volunteers are always needed to staff the Nature Learning Center; lead beach or bay explorations and bird walks; and support school field trips. Special training is provided and you will work with an experienced partner.
Contact Chatt Smith (dune/prairie restoration work days) or Bobette Brasfield (other volunteer opportunities).
- Tuesdays (8:30 am – 11:30 am) – Hands on volunteer prairie restoration including seed collection, division and potting of rescued grasses and planting in the prairie.
Contact Tom Solomon by e-mail or call 281-705-8173.
Wetland Restoration Team
- Wednesdays – Learn about freshwater wetlands and help various restoration projects in the Houston/Galveston area. Meet Wednesdays for carpooling to sites.
Contact is Marissa Sipocz. See also the Wetland Team Blog.