Amphibians (Frogs, Toads, Salamanders, etc.) and Reptiles (Lizards, Turtles, Snakes, Alligators, Crocodiles and more.)
- 2009 – Herps class, Dr. Toby Hibbitts, Download “Herps” by Dr. Toby Hibbitts, PDF file
- 2013 – Herps class, Dr. Toby Hibbitts, download Herpetoloogy Class, similar to 2009 version.
- 2012 – Herps class, Chris Harper, US Fish and Wildlife, Herpetology by Chris Harper, without sounds pdf file
- 2012 – same topic, this is the Powerpoint presentation for download Herpetology by Chris Harper powerpoint
- 2016 – 2/23 class. Herpetology by Dr. Toby Hibbits
- 2016 – 3/10 Chapter Mtg Partners for Fish and Wildlife, and the Houston Toad, Doug Phillips
- 2018 – 2/22 Class Herpetology Feb 2018, by Chris Harper
- 2020 – 1/30 Class Herpetology_rev_Feb2020 by Chris Harper
And available for direct online viewing from AuthorStream…(under testing)
Click the title to go to AuthorStream for full viewing, and seeing slide transcripts (by scrolling down), or view inline.
May 14 2000, Chapter Meeting AT, on Houston Toad, by Paul Crump, Ph.D. Herpetologist, Nongame and Rare Species Program, Wildlife Division, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, 4200 Smith School Road, Austin, TX 78744 (512) 389-8722 | email@example.com
- Full slide presentation, with notes. Introduction to the Houston toad El Camino Real TMN May 2020 with notes reduced
Books and Web Sites of Interest
- Snake Bite First Aid article, a PDF for downloading – some great advice.
- Texas Nature Trackers
- Herps of Texas, pictures and descriptions
- Book, at A&M Press: “Amphibians and Reptiles of Texas”, James R. Dixon Maps showing herpetofauna distribution by county.
- “Peterson Field Guide to Western Reptiles and Amphibians”
- “Peterson Field Guide to Eastern Reptiles and Amphibians”
From Shawn Walton’s Weekly Blog / Column in the Rockdale and Cameron Newspapers: