2018 Class Information, as an example for upcoming 2020 Class January 16, 2020. 2020’s will be posted soon.
New member class training for 2018 was held mostly on Thursdays from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm starting on January 4, 2018, at the Milano Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, in Milano; and with field trips on three Saturdays. Dorothy Mayer and Pamela Neeley co-directed the class training. Subjects shown below.
Thursday Classes: January 4, 18, 25 February 1, 15, 22, March 1, 22, 29
Saturday Field Trips: January 13, February 10, March 10, 24.
All Thursday classes held at Milano United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, from 5-9pm
- Thurs 1/4 Into to TXMN in Tx, Laws & Regulations by Mike Mitchell TPWD. (Class Manual Units 1 and 22), presentation posted on our Natural Areas – Other Topics web page
- Sat 1/13, Class Field Trip/Baylor university, with Professor Robert Baldridge, Entomology, 12:00 – 4:00pm, (Class Manual Unit 13).
- Thurs 1/18, Water Resources in TX (Class Manual Unit 9) by Johnnie Smith (TPWD) [see presentation on our Water Ecology web page] & Volunteers as Teachers by Tara Humphies (Tx State Parks), (Class Manual Unit 23); Website tour and VMS Entering volunteer hours by Don Travis, et al,
- Thurs 1/25, Ichthyology (Unit 14) & Aquatic Systems Management (Unit 18) by Chris Chapa/ USF & WL, See presentation on our ichthyology page.
- Thurs 2/1, Ornithology (Unit 12) [see presentations on our Ornithology page] and Rangeland Ecology & Management (Unit 20) [see presentations on our Rangeland page] by Timothy Siegmund, TPWD
- Sat 2/10, Field trip to Nancy Webber’s Farm for Birdwatching & Native Plant ID/Walkabout tour (Unit 11) , Time: TBD
- Thurs 2/15, Archaeology (Unit 2) by Dr. Lynn Hagan, TxMN, [see presentations on Archaeology page]and Geology & Soils (Unit 7) by Dr. Christopher Mathewson [see presentation on Geology and Soils page]
- Thurs 2/22, Herpetology (Unit 15) [see our Herpetology page] and Mammalogy (Unit 16) by Chris Harper, USF&WL [see our Mammalogy page]
- Thurs 3/1, Climatology/weather (Unit 8) by Barbara Cromwell TXMN [see presentation on web page], and Forest Ecology and Management (Unit 17) by Daniel Lewis, TxFS [see presentation on web page],
- Sat 3/10, Field trip to TX A&M Tracy Herbarium for Plants & The Nature of Naming (Unit 10), Bryan, TX, by Dale Kruse, Museum Curator, Time-tbd
- Thurs 3/22, Citizen Scientists (Unit 24) by Marsha May TPWD, and Urban Ecosystems (Unit 21) by Kelly Simon TPWD
- Sat 3/24, Field trip to Lake Waco Wetlands for Wetland Ecology & Management (Unit 19) by Dr. Robert Doyle, Baylor University, and Nora Schell Waco Wetlands manager, Time: TBD
- Thurs 3/29, Ecological regions (Unit 4), and Ecological Concepts (Unit 5) & Ecosystems Concepts and Management (Unit 6) by Billy Lambert , TPWD. [see our Ecology webpage for presentations]
To submit membership request forms, please see our page How-to-Join.
You can view the prior class curriculums below to see the types of presentations that are given, here is 2020’s advertising flyer.
Past Class Flyers
2018 Class Curriculum
The 2018 class agenda in PDF form is here. 2018 Class Agenda
2016 Class Curriculum
The 2016 class agenda in PDF format is here. Class schedule
2013-14 Class Curriculum
The 2013-14 Class agenda is here. 2013-14 Training Class Agenda
2012 Class Curriculum
The 2012 Class agenda is here. 2012 Training class Agenda
2010 Class Curriculum
The 2010 Class agenda is here. 2010 Training Class Agenda.
2009 Class Curriculum
The 2009 class agenda is here – 2009 Training Class Agenda
2008 Class Curriculum
This was our first class of the El Camino Real Chapter – 2008 Training Class Agenda
Course Curriculum Goals
This is the state-advised overall curriculum goals.
CurriculumGoals CurriculumGoals PDF file
Course Lecture Materials
All presentations that were offered to us for posting are included under the “Natural Areas of Interest” section of the web site, under the topic area covered.