2016 Class Information
New class training will be held on Tuesdays from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm starting on January 12, 2016, mostly at the Milano Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, in Milano. Barbara Cromwell and Dorothy Mayer will be co-directing the class training. The 1st class will be our introductory class on January 12th & led by Past President, Katherine Bedrich. Our chapter adviser, Tim Siegmund, TPWD and Floyd Ingram, Milam County AgriLife Agent, will be asked to come and meet the new class members. Our 2nd class will be on Water Conservation on January 19th with Johnnie Smith, TPWD Conservation Education Manager leading the program. Subjects should be: wildscapes, entomology, native grasses, mammalogy/Texas Nature Trackers, botany, herpetology, ornithology, water conservation, climatogy, man & nature, ecoregions, & nature identification field trip to Somerville state park, & Waco wetlands. There will also be some Friday or Saturday fields trips. In order to cover all the subjects, we are trying to offer 13 training classes. Further dates and speakers will be announced in the near future. Also, everyone was in agreement that the training classes will be counted as AT or Volunteer time for our current members that participate. We will request our members to make our new trainees feel welcome and included in our chapter.
2016 Class Curriculum (Draft level as of Oct 30 2015)
- Tues. Jan. 12 5-9pm at UMCFH Milano “Introduction to the MN program and it’s history”w/ECRC past president & certified TXMN Katherine Bedrich presenting
- Tues. Jan. 19 5-9pm UMCFH “Water Conservation” w/Johnnie Smith, TPWD Conservation Ed. Mgr. & Mike Conner, Certified TXMN
- Tues. Jan. 26 5-9 UMCFH “Mammalogy” with the Partners for Fish & WL Program “(US Fish & Wildlife Service)”
- *Sat. Feb 6 9am-1 pm field trip to Bryan “Botany” w/Dale Kruse Herbarium Director?? (Kat if he has another title, please correct me)
- WED Feb 10 1-5PM UMCF “Entomology” w/ (Dr.) “Professor” Bob Baldridge presenting from Baylor University
- *Sat. Feb. 20 (-1pm(?) “Herpetology” Dr. Toby Hibbitts Location: TBA (This may be a field trip to Bryan)
- Tues. Feb. 23 5-9pm UMCFH “Ornithology” Timothy Siegmund WL Private Lands Biologist and Chapter advisor
- *Sat. Feb 27 9:30 am-1:30 pm Waco Wetlands Field Trip “Wetlands Ecology” w/ Wetlands mgr, Nora Schell & Dr. Robert Doyle from Baylor University
- *Sat. Mar 5 9-1pm Field trip to Betsy Ross’ property w/Betsy leading a presentation on “Organic Farming & Soil Sustainability”
- Tues Mar 8 5-9pm UMCFH TX “Nature Trackers & I naturalist presentation” w/Cullen Hanks from TPWD ??
- Sat. Mar19 9am-1pm UMCFH TX “wildscapes and Urban Design” w/ Mark Klym from TPWD
- Tues.Mar 22 5-9pm UMCFH “Climatology” w/Certified TXMN & past President, Barbara Cromwell
- Tues. Mar 29 5-9pm UMCFH “Man & Nature” w/Certified TXMN & Chapter member, Rich Cromwell presenting
- Graduation will be either on Sat. April 2 or Tues eve April 5. Location TBA
- *’s denotes field trips
2013-14 Class Curriculum
The 2013-14 Class agenda is here. 2013-14 Training Class Agenda
2012 Class Curriculum
The 2012 Class agenda is here. 2012 Training class Agenda
2010 Class Curriculum
The 2010 Class agenda is here. 2010 Training Class Agenda.
2009 Class Curriculum
The 2009 class agenda is here – 2009 Training Class Agenda
2008 Class Curriculum
This was our first class of the El Camino Real Chapter – 2008 Training Class Agenda
Course Curriculum Goals
This is the state-advised overall curriculum goals.
CurriculumGoals CurriculumGoals PDF file
Course Lecture Materials
All presentations that were offered to us for posting are included under the “Natural Areas of Interest” section of the web site, under the topic area covered.